Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

I'm awfully glad the holidays are over. I'm Christmassed out and Coneyed out...and yet the tree is still up, the lights are still on, and we still have about 24 servings left of coney sauce.

Holidays and vacations remind me that Mr. Na is very much a creature of habit. Without his normal schedule of school, Kids Club and soccer, he gets cranky. Throw the grandparents' two-week visit into the mix, and we had Mr. Franken-Na who, despite having every one of his friends over to the house during the Coney Dog Bowl, went up to Pa and asked him if they could go into our bedroom and snuggle in bed to read "Go Dog Go!"

Still, it was hard to see Pa off to work after his week of RnR and the rain hasn't let up in the last two weeks so it's been kinda quiet and uneventful. I'm already looking forward to a long weekend visit at Gran-pa-pa's house in Nevada in February. At least there'll be some sun!

So yeah...New Year, new goals, eh? Everybody has 'em, so I've got mine. Here they are:

1) Begin the adoption process for Puttie #2--Electric Bugaloo in January;

2) finish current edit of my novel and dive into second edit; It'll be done when it's done. I'm not trying to rush it but...

3) I hope to pitch the novel to agents/editors at the Whidbey Island Writers Conference in March and have the first 50 pages ready to send to any takers afterwards;

4) train and run the Whidbey Island Marathon on April 2--the whole enchilada this time--none of that wussy half-marathon stuff. I'm looking forward to crossing the Deception Pass;

5) train and compete in the Danskin Triathlon in August;

6) read another 35 books.

So marathon training starts this week. I'm running every day now instead of every other. It was a bit tough this morning, adjusting to a half mile swim after a 4-mile run but all is good! And just to follow-up with my previous post, I wound up getting the Nike Philips MP3 Run and I love it! I can't tell you how frickin' cool it is to have a calm, soothing voice tell you your time/distance/pace every few minutes.

Well, it's T-two minutes to Rose Bowl kick-off (I started this post last night and fell asleep part way through!) Pa's heading off to Wingdome after his first day of classes to bring home the food. So I'm signing off. Go Trojans!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on #5 (actually both number 5's) I woke up the other night like "time to make the donuts" thinking "time to register!"
Nice lofty goals you have set for yourself! I'm glad to see it!
Hint: my b-day is in March.....

LeFemmeMonkita said...

Whoops...two #5s...gotta fix that. I'm brain dead. And so why did you have to hint that your birthday is in March, hmmmm? As if I didn't know? Ok, ok so I screwed up one year and thought it was February.

BTW, how's the shampoo bar?

LeFemmeMonkita said...

ok, wait, not February...October. So shoot me! :^P

Anonymous said...

The March hint was in reference to number 3. Any takers on the first 50 pages! I would!

P.S. I love the shampoo bar!