Thursday, January 12, 2006

40 Days and 40 Nights, Didn't It Rain Children?

Well, it's not that bad...but it's bad enough. 25 straight days of rain with no end in sight according to Jeff Renner. Normally I'm not one to bitch and moan about the weather--I leave that up to my mother; but this rain just sucks. It makes training for a marathon a nightmare, plus I'm getting into the snacks a bit too much and I have no motivation to pick up my manuscript. So I'm in bed now (Pa's downstairs doing his homework) hoping to get a little bit of writing in before bed.

Moof and I ran around the lake this morning after dropping Mr. Na off at school. The poor dog came back home looking like she dragged the entire lake. She had burrs and twigs stuck in her fur and sand and mud caked between her toes. At least she's in good spirits. Last week I had to take her in to see the Vet because she was whiney and wouldn't eat her food. $300 dollars and one set of X-rays later, it was confirmed she had a good, old-fashioned case of gas. Must've been something she ate since the Vet concluded it was some sort of bacteria--which is exactly what Pa's been suffering from as well. Not very pleasant in my house these days. And it certainly doesn't smell an awful lot like flowers.

I was glad to hear Pat Robertson today publicly apologize for his obdurate remarks regarding Ariel Sharon. Perhaps he got a call back from God saying "I didn't MEAN that. Really. Take it back." You know, since he's got His direct line and all.

Well, before it gets too late, I'm going to open Chapter 12 and work on it. Ni'night.

(psssst...be sure to click on the link in the title so you, too can have "Elementary My Dear" stuck in your head!)

No comments: