Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Mother's Day...and now, back to work!

If it wasn't for the gloomy weather, Mother's Day would have been perfect. Na and Pa treated me to brunch at Palisade, overlooking Elliot Bay and a misty view of the Space Needle. We enjoyed the banana/macadamia nut pancakes, fresh fruit and pastries until we were stuffed beyond words.

Then Na and Pa gave me a present from my favorite clothing store, tastefully wrapped in paper colored by Mr. Na himself.

But the best Mother's Day present of all was later at home, when Na laid his head on my lap as I stroked his head. I'm nuts about that kid and I couldn't picture my life without him in it. Hard to believe he's been "here" for half his little life already. Time has flown.

Pa's back out on the road again, leaving me and Na to hold down the fort until Friday. I've been editing my second chapter. All I can say is that this process is S-L-O-W. At the rate I'm going, Na will be off to college by the time I'm finished!

No comments: