Saturday, March 25, 2006

Stuck somewhere in between

I'm happy to report that I've been able to eat one whole banana today. That's progress. Given the sad state I was in the last few days, well, a banana is a feast for me right now. This is a really yucky way to lose weight, but I'm down, like, 3 pounds.

So I skipped my 12-mile run today and I actually feel okay about it, considering that I find I feel better if I just stay in bed. I found some pretty decent advice on how if you're feeling bad from the neck up, you should run; but if you're feeling bad from the neck down, it's a virus (which I'm sure it is) and running will only cause further dehydration. So, no run today; but hubby helped me to realize my body's not going to lose this conditioning I've spent the last 12 weeks working on and rather than run the risk of staying sick longer, or getting worse, I'm to just stay put.

I'm also happy to report that I found a place to stay on Whidbey Island next weekend, so at least I can sleep in until 5 on Sunday morning, instead of getting up at 3 a.m. like I thought I had to in order to get to the race on time! I can't tell you how relieved I am about that. Plus, as an added bonus, Pa, Na and Moofie are coming with me! I think Pa should hand Moofie to me at the 16 mile mark so we can finish together since she's been such an awesome "training buddy". Hmmmm...maybe I can persuade him!

No comments: