Thursday, March 23, 2006

Random Crap

Oi, I'm a stuffed little piggy right now. Pa, Na and I went to Red Robin where I downed half a choco shake, a Banzai Burger (my fave) and fries. Sigh. I don't want to get too used to eating this much stuff because after April 2, I won't be running 100 miles a month like I am now!

Which brings me to my next subject: Ouch! I'm a sore little simian, just slightly over a week before the big race. I'm tapering now, with just a 12-miler (just...that's a bit of an understatement) on Saturday and a few random shorter runs before next Sunday. I usually take yoga classes on Friday to stretch everything out and so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

Which reminds me--if you have a dog, you HAVE to test this theory for me, ok? Every time I go into downward dog to stretch (get your mind out of the gutter) here in the house, Moofie does it too. So I wonder--is it just her or is this a common thing among dogs and their owners?

I'm excited, I'm nervous and I'm confident, in addition to being sore. I'm already looking at other races for next year (the LA Marathon's looking pretty cool!) But, as usual, I'm getting way ahead of myself. I need to finish this one first. I keep going back and forth, too. On the one hand, EVERYBODY says that your goal for the first marathon is just to finish. But then...I read Oprah's time was 4:29. Yeah, yeah--she had Bob Greene to train her, but I still feel compelled to at least try and beat Oprah's time!

Let's see, what else? Well, I'm still tinkering away on Chapter 13 of my manuscript. I got a little frustrated this week while doing research and coming across an account that was conflicting with other reports. I mean, I know everybody had different experiences, but I guess I'm trying too hard not to lean one way or the other.

Anyway, I've been previewing Morrissey's new album on My Space and it rocks! I'm looking forward to the release in April.

I asked Pa to make me a super "Monkey Marathon MP3 Mix" for my race. He laughed and said it would be good practice for when he has to make a mix for my funeral (he just can't wait to play "Monkey Gone to Heaven" by the Pixies). So I'm really looking forward to his mix because I know it's going to crack me up during the race. So long as it doesn't make me have to pee!

I didn't mention this before, but last week, Mary and I tried to register for the Danskin Triathlon here in Seattle and it was already closed! We were so pissed since they had just opened registration during the first week of March--so we waited too long (less than two weeks??!?!?) Instead, though, Mary's coming out in July to do the SEAFAIR Triathlon with me. It's basically the same set up--in Seward Park--just a month earlier. So I'll have a week off after this race and then I need to start swimming and biking.

So, um, that's me I guess. I'm gonna go put on my fat pants now and see what's on my TiVo!

No comments: