Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Not much new here. How are you?

Every few weeks when I stop blogging regularly, my friend Mary sends me an e-mail to complain that I haven't been blogging lately. My response to her is usually, "well, I don't have a lot to say lately" and I guess in this instance, that much is true.

Truth be told, life's been on an even-keel, with not a whole hell of a lot going on--at least not anything noteworthy enough to blog (as evidenced by this mundane blather!)

Let's see: I'm helping a friend here locally with her Ukrainian adoption; had dinner with another last night who wanted me to come back to work full time (to which I replied, "fuh-get-about-it"); and I found out my cousin, Jens, is coming to visit me from Germany in September (and I haven't seen him in 24 years!)

My darling husband is enjoying his new job--though they were ready to whisk him off to Dusseldorf next week already! (Gasp! He may be meeting Jens before I get to see him again!) His father is having surgery to remove his cancerous bladder in the beginning of May and so he will be there by his side as only a loving son should be.

I just finished reading "The Art of Raising a Puppy" by the Monks of New Skete because I'm ready for a new puppy! I'd really like to get another American Eskimo, but hubby wonders if I'm trying to hard to replace Aspen. To that I say "Nah! There could be only one!" It's been two years--and while Fifi is still very much a superstar here in our house, you can never have too many pets! There's a local breeder who's whelping a new litter any day now, and maybe--just maybe we'll be the proud parents of a new pup soon!

Mr. Na, of course, is his loveable self! Mommy is very happy that he still LOVES "Here Come The ABCs" by They Might Be Giants, and he and Papa have developed their own little version of Gnip Gnop where every morning they toss Na's stuffed animals back and forth from the crib to the rocking chair.

From my writing desk: I have to say that I haven't done a line of editing since I finished my book two weeks ago. (sigh). I'll get to it. Now that I know Jens is coming, I'm looking at that as a deadline so that I can have him read it (he's German, he's an historian...who else is better qualified?)

Finally, if you're up for a really depressing movie, I highly recommend "Downfall" which we saw last Friday. It chronicles Hitler's last few days in his bunker before commiting suicide--and it's from his secretary's point-of-view. The actors were amazing. In fact, I was haunted by the guy who played Goebbels. Not only did he look exactly like him (same rat face; same dead, black eyes) but he played him spot-on. It just turned my stomach seeing his wife poison each one of their five children before they both walked outside and turned a gun on eachother.

So that's me in a nutshell. Same ol', same ol'!

Tune in next time when I have something really meaningful to write!

No comments: