Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, It's Back to Work I Go...


It's a small world, ain't it?

We had a glorious time in So. California and we capped it off by spending our last day in Disneyland. I'm a sucker for the Magic Kingdom and from the moment I set foot inside, I became a geeky kid all over again.

It was fun watching Mr. Na soak everything up and I was kinda glad the park was going through a major renovation. There were fewer crowds which meant shorter lines for everything. Unfortunately, though, Space Mountain and the Enchanted Tiki Room were both closed. And when I looked for Bear Country Jamboree, I was told it had been taken over by Winnie the Pooh and friends. At least Mr. Na and his Pa had fun with the Hefalumps.

My favorite of all favorite rides is the Haunted Mansion. I can remember going there for the first time, at the age of five--and I was scared beyond my wits. Of course, I had forgotten about how scared I was of all the ghosts until I took Mr. Na inside and saw him grabbing on to his Papa's hand. I thought for sure I was going to pay dearly for subjecting him to such spookiness; but he took it all in stride and handled it really well.

As I suspected, my trip back to California was quite different from any time I'd gone before; but I also think it was one of the best times, too. I spent a lot of quality time with my friends and family whom I only see once every few years, if I'm lucky. And even though we had to sit around a lot while our kids slept or played, it was time well spent.


Mr. Na and his Ma

So now we're home and it's time for me to finish my book. I've already told all of my friends I was almost done (with the first draft) and now that I've boasted, I'd better get to it.

Here goes...

No comments: