Monday, January 11, 2010

Heatless in Seattle

Q: Who the hell disembowels their entire heating unit to make way for a new one during the month of January?

A: We do.

Yep, we're the smart ones here! Thought it would be a fine time to install a new heat pump and de-commission the old oil burning furnace. Why not? Oil costs three times as much as a forced air unit AND we will have central air conditioning come summer!

But doing it in January? O.k., maybe not the smartest thing, given that today is only Monday and they've managed to only rip out the existing air ducts. But the good news is that the temperature outside isn't too bad (it's 50 degrees here at 7:00 p.m.) and the house is holding at 66 degrees.

Ask me how it's going by Friday, though. I mean, I'm not glued to the Weather Channel to get my 5-day extended forecast, but I suspect we won't be experiencing a cold front anytime too soon.

Let's hope I'm right.

No comments: