Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Happy New Year

I kind of fell off the blogging bandwagon--well, actually, I didn't--just with my own blog. See, I got this gig a few months ago, to write for my neighborhood blog, and that's been keeping me plenty busy. I like it. It makes me feel like I'm tuned-in to my community, and even though it's a non-paying gig, it forces me to write every few days. I needed something like that to keep me writing, because I suck at self-discipline.

So yeah, that, and I've been a running fool. In 2009, I ran five half marathons, and I'm about to do another one in two weeks, but the top of my foot is super sore. It's right where the top part of my foot connects with my ankle. I have no idea where how this little nag came about, but it started bothering me yesterday. I did some speed work this morning, and had forgotten all about it--until I started walking around the house. So, with Pa gone for the rest of the week, at least I can take a little rest and hope that by Saturday, I'll be o.k. to do a long run. I don't know what I would do if I had to stop running. It's really helped me through my grief over my mom's death. And also now that it's dark--and will continue to be dark until July--the running keeps me from going bat-shit.

We spent the holidays here at home, and it was actually pretty nice. Pa took time off from work for the two weeks and the four of us just kinda cocooned. No complaints--even from the kids--no boredom, no fighting, no bickering. All was pretty mellow, and during that time, I swear, Little Miss La increased her language by 20%. Now, she's saying lots of cool phrases. Like today, after Pa took down the tree, she said, "What happened? Christmas is all done!" Really, really cute.

I owe a lot of her language development to Mr. Na. He's been playing with her a lot and she just digs hanging out with him and likes to imitate him. But, what's cute about that is that she gets it--she doesn't just mimic, she says things she learned from Mr. Na at appropriate times.

Well, I'm off to bed. We're in the process of getting a heat pump installed (yay central ac!) But we have a haz-mat team coming in tomorrow to get rid of some asbestos tape in the basement. Ick!

1 comment:

princess kanomanom said...

Glad to read this. And what a great La quote! xo.