Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Anyone have some extra mojo lyin' around?

Three days post-marathon, and I'm still sore as hell. I can barely walk down the stairs. Who knew hills would take THIS much out of me?

I did manage to kick-off my triathlon training today, though, with a 20-minute/.5 mile swim. I just used one of those floatie thingies to keep my legs from moving.

I dusted off my bike in the basement and filled the tires with air--but just looking at it makes my thighs hurt. Maybe by Saturday I can take a short ride.

I have a very old Bianchi Strada road bike which I think I'll use during the race. The bike is so old but it's in excellent shape and I'm really fond of it. Every time I take it out, Pa shakes his head, laughs at me and says,
"You know my Boxter was lighter than this."

Anyway, I plan to take my bike in to Greggs and tell them to make my bike "sprint tri" worthy; but as backup, I also have a Cannondale hybrid I could use. It was Pa's, but I seemed to have inherited it. It's a fine bike as well, but my road bike is the right size and speed for me.

I just wish I could shake this lethargy I'm feeling. It's absolutely gorgeous outside and yet I'm ready for a nap. I've read that this happens after a race--and some people are more susceptible to feeling blah because it's over.

Blah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

100 days monkita until the "sprint tri"!! WOOHOO I wish I could take myself in somewhere and say "make me tri worthy" HAHA I'm feeling a little change in shifts weary myself.Today I can exercise outside though-which is, in itself, a big boost.

princess kanomanom said...

I hear ya there. All that build up, preparation, anticipation, and then... it's over. In a few short hours, completely behind you. I always slump for a good week or two before I'm able to rise from my apathetic state.

I'm impressed that you're already exercising again! Careful though - you might want to give it at least a week...