Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Spring Fever

Oh, I know it's been awhile since I last posted. Things have been crazy and busy here and it's been mindless, silly shit and that's the type of stuff that just leaves you pooped by the end of the day.

I finally had another great writing session today, and many thanks go to my pal who is a great writing buddy. We sit, we write, we talk--whenever the mood strikes--but mostly we write and write and write. It's really pretty cool.

The cherry blossoms are--well--blossoming and that means that spring is right around the corner and I'm in the throes my annual cleaning frenzy. This year, I'm hellbent on cleaning all 30 windows in our house, inside and out; but I've had to cram this colossal endeavor in with all of the other million things I've been doing, from shuttling my mother and Mr. Na hither and yon to doing my own (real) running. This week I'll have run 35 miles total, if, God willing, I make it through the 18 mile run this Saturday.

Since we're cruising into March, I have about a month left of training before the big race. I'm a bit nervous. First of all, I'm a silly moron for picking a spring race, when I have to train in the shittiest weather imaginable. Ok, so no big deal. Once you get wet, you really don't feel the rain all that much. But get this: since it's on Whidbey Island, it'd be so much better if I stayed there the night before the race, but everything on that stupid island is booked solid. Sort of a pain in the ass, yes? Ah, but what's worse is that the first ferry of the morning is too late for the start of the race, so I have to drive all the way up through Anacortes, to the peninsula and across Deception Pass Bridge. And the piece de resistance? The race is on the first day of daylight savings which means I'll be getting up at 4 instead of 5. Whoop-dee-fuckin-doo!

Anyway, I'll stop complaining--maybe by April 3, or maybe when the weather warms up and the skies clear, somewhat.

Whichever comes first.

No comments: