Thursday, August 10, 2006

Pa, Na, Ma and 66,827 other fans...

After last night's soccer match between Real Madrid and D.C. United, I couldn't understand why we 'Mericans never warmed up to the whole futbol thing. I mean, sure, sure, we had a sellout crowd last night in our little Seahawk Stadium, but soccer has never truly caught on here in the states as much as it has the world over. We care too much about more important sports like, uh, NASCAR or 'Merican Football. And then I thought, well, why not come up with a list of reasons why people should embrace it as our national pasttime:

1)David Beckham






2) The men are hot. And I don't mean just the players on the field either. The guys watching aren't too hard on the eyes.






3) David Beckham







4) The women are hot. There were many beautiful girls drooling over the players--hell, even the soccer moms were babalicious.






5) Did I mention David Beckham? Ok then, how 'bout his cool shoes?













6) The game is only 90 minutes. Perfect for four year-olds and most of us with the attention spans of mice.












Are you there, God? It's me...uh...ohmigod I TOTALLY FORGOT MY NAME

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always went to soccer games over football in HS. One word: Legs.

-Alyssa