Saturday, March 13, 2004

This is how constructive my writing time has been:


Great, so I'm going to edit my "Jazz Dog" piece to send out today.

Hmm, this coffee's not so great today. What'd I do wrong?

Ok, so this should be easy. I'll just go through and edit this and...

Y'know, I haven't had breakfast yet. Should I have oatmeal or will Chris make eggs?

Uh-oh, I can hear Peter awake in his crib. Should I go get him or wait for Chris to get out of the shower?

It's "his" day to take care of him--and he's 16 minutes late. So now what? Can't I catch a frigging break? It's not my fault he shut off his alarm clock.

Great, now I feel guilty that I'm in the next room and I'm not going in and playing with him.

He'll probably wind up resenting me later in life for ignoring him. He'll tell me I was no better than the people in the orphanage who left him in his crib to stew in his own full diaper.

...so much for writing this morning!

Well, Chris just came up to me and asked if I wanted to go to Blue Star for breakfast. That settles that!



No comments: