Thursday, April 28, 2005

Rhapsody = Sheer Bliss

I'm really digging our new Real Rhapsody subscription. Despite the fact that it's streaming audio, the sound quality is amazing and they have a database of over a million songs. But what I love best is I can create my own radio station by listing a few of my favorite bands. The player then cross references other bands in that genre and plays them as well. So, like, my radio station (which I named K-MUNK) has artists I listed like: Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, The Jesus and Mary Chain, New Order, The Dandy Warhols, Low, and Duran Duran. The database includes music from: Yaz, The Power Station, Erasure, ABC, Pet Shop Boys, Morrissey, Cocteau Twins, Psychadelic Furs, The Church, Robyn Hitchcock, etc.

Of course, like any other music site, Rhapsody has some limitations as well. For instance, there is not ONE Radiohead song in the database (which hubby is actually quite happy about). But brand new releases make their debut immediately--like, for instance, Ben Folds'Songs for Silverman which just came out this week.

One of Hubby's is called Requiem for a Singe. Here's the playlist:
RHAPSODY Link

Monkey - George Michael
Shock the Monkey - Peter Gabriel
Brass Monkey - The Beatie Boys
Bad Monkey - Love and Rockets
Monkey Gone to Heaven - The Pixies
Monkey in the Family - Happy Mondays
Monkey Man - The Specials
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
Monkey Murders - The English Beat
The Monkey Dance - The Wiggles
Me and My Monkey - Robbie Williams
The High Monkey Monk - Cocteau Twins
Welcome to the Monkey House - The Dandy Warhols
and...
The Union of the Snake -- (The Monkey Mix)-- Duran Duran


I'm flattered! He made a playlist for me AND he used awesome songs!

No comments: